Senior Claims Adjuster-APH
Philadelphia, PA / Quincy, MA / Remote
A.G. Risk Management, Inc. is a growing and dynamic business operating in the global insurance and reinsurance market, focusing on the Property & Casualty (P&C) market. We currently have offices in Philadelphia PA, Quincy MA, and Buffalo, NY. We have ambitious expansion plans and are looking to recruit determined and enthusiastic people to our hard-working team.
As the result of increasing workloads, we are currently seeking candidates to expand our experienced adjusting team with the addition of a Senior Claims Adjuster to handle complex latent liability claims (asbestos, environmental, molestation, etc.). Past experience in managing these types of claims is essential. Option for office based and/or remote working.
Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
• Provide claims handling on complex/latent claims in compliance with claims handling procedures, client SLA and within agreed authority levels, including accurately capturing and updating claims data/information in compliance with best practices.
• Apply knowledge and judgement to determine liability by gathering and analyzing relevant facts; utilizing applicable law, determining existence of coverage and the applicability of such coverage to claims presented.
• Work to reach a timely resolution to claims by developing case strategy, including developing a case evaluation and escalating issues as appropriate.
• Establish timely reserves and perform ongoing review throughout claims cycle within authority limit by estimating and validating value of claims.
• Negotiate settlement of claims by establishing appropriate negotiation strategy and utilizing available tools and resources within authority limits; knowing when to escalate due to severity and complexity.
• Deal effectively with litigation by liaising with internal and external legal counsel; establishing litigation plan and budget; coordinating defense activities; reviewing litigation expenses and authorizing payments.
• Apply knowledge and judgement to determine appropriate reserve levels to set in respect of identified liabilities.
• Resilient and flexible, with the ability to adapt to work to short/changing deadlines.
• Effective and confident communicator and able to effectively and confidently manage multi-party relationship and complex claim negations.
• Self-motivated and able to motivate others.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge through training, networks and professional qualifications.
Education and Experience
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar claims management role gained within the insurance industry.
• Degree educated ideally with insurance or legal qualifications.
• Knowledge and experience gained managing long-tail latent liabilities.
• Accurate, reliable, with excellent attention to detail and an analytical approach.
• Production of high-quality written work product essential.
• Possible occasional requirement to work from different office locations in US, to meet with colleagues as needed.
• Location: Philadelphia. PA or Quincy, MA Area Preferred, but willing to hire in any other US states with an EST Time Zone.
AGRM Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.